Find yourself pressed for time? In the space the size of a coffin, and with a couple pieces of equipment, you can get a day's worth of training in, in the time it takes you to get out of bed. 10 sets of 10 reps in 10 minutes. See the video below.
The exercises I chose.
1. pull-up: the single-best lat (back) builder, and all that is required is your bodyweight (and a bar)
2. dip: same can be said about this exercise, which is for the chest. use the power tower to combine exercises 1 and 2.
3. deadlift: nothing better to strengthen the core while working the hamstrings and spine.
4. bench press: on a fitness ball, with dumbbells to work each pec separately.
5. bent-over row: another great lat builder
6. dumbbell curl-press: to target the biceps and the shoulders in the same exercise.
7. upright row: to further nail those deltoids!
8. kettlebell swing: the single-best exercise (in the estimation of some), combining a power lift with cardiovascular benefits
9. dumbbell squat/press: great to target the large muscles of the legs and shoulders. this will really wind you!
10. any combination of jump rope, leg lifts, curls or other movements tacking the smaller muscles, more for recovery and cool-down.
The weights I used: 54-lb kettlebell; 50-lb dumbbells and 30/35-lb dumbbells
With few exceptions the exercise are compound movements, alternating between push and pull movements, and done for a total of 10 repetitions or more each, with as little rest as possible in between. Girls may wish to cut the weight used down by as much as 75%, but weights tolerated vary with fitness. Do some variation of this twice weekly and you've a weeks' worth of resistance training worked in for less time than it takes to watch a sitcom. Enjoy!